Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Summer.....

I admit it!!! I'm a horrible blogger- it's just so time consuming.... and I have other ways to spend my precious nap-times. So..... here is a GIANT blog full of everything that has happened in the last few months :) Maybe once I'm all caught up I'll actually stay on top of blogging (probably not- don't get too excited Alyssa).Madison and I LOVE having a pool in our own backyard to cool off whenever we want! It is the most relaxing and refreshing thing ever (especially when you're prego in the middle of summer).But Daddy is the most fun in the pool (and Mommy remember to take pictures).....We had 4th of July at our house this year (yay :))- it's so much easier to host events at your own place than it is to pack up everything a toddler might need for the day and drag them some place else. It was nice to watch everyone enjoying themselves at our house. There was tons of food, plenty of drinking, a few competitive games and the traditional homemade ice cream and fireworks. Overall, it was a fabulous day and I'm looking forward to it again next year!Oh yeah.... did I mention that Madison, Joe and I were all in TWO wedding this summer- actually the weddings were a week apart. I completely under-estimated how much time and energy that would take! I also must admit that I was a very bad Mommy and I didn't take ANY pictures at either wedding :( I'm very disappointed in myself on this one.... Madison was the most adorable thing in her flowergirl dresses and of course Joe looked handsome in his tuxes.... I on the other hand looked like a giant beached whale since i was 7 months pregnant squished into non-maternity bridesmaid dresses (not a pretty sight). But none-the-less, I should have taken lots of pictures and I didn't take one! Luckily everyone else took tons, so I'm planning on stealing as many as I possibly can!
We've done a lot of hanging out! My belly is growing rapidly and that means my energy level and endurance are dropping rapidly, especially when it comes to chasing around an active toddler. We keep ourselves busy without doing too much (yes.... that is challenging at times).Madison helped me bake for the first time- so I had to show her the true joy of baking.... licking the spatula! I think she liked it :)

Like I said in the beginning of this ridiculously long post..... I cherish my nap time! I spend my 2 quiet hours every day working on my projects! It all started when I made aprons for Ashley's bridal shower.... I've been hooked ever since! I've make toddler-sized hooded towels for myself and a friend, I've made hair bows for Madison on my own and with a friend, I've made curtains for Madison's room, and I have the supplies and plans to make her giant letters and sheets for Baby B's bassinet. I am in love with this stuff..... but Since I entered my 3rd trimester I've also used some of these nap times to nap myself :) I took pictures of all my projects, but there is no way I'm adding them all to this already huge post- so you'll have to wait for a later one! (someday I promise)..... <3

2 comments:

  1. Awe I love it!!! the belly picture is soo cute!!! I miss you guys, thanks for posting the blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mindy, Thanks for following! I love reading about Grant and Madison on facebook. These pictures from last summer look so fun!

    ReplyDelete